Monday, May 21, 2012

One Handed

I just have to start out by saying that since I've become a mom, I've gotten really good at doing things one-handed.  Like typing this post for example, while I pump (sorry for the visual).  It's been an amazing week.  I'm scared to say (type) this out loud, but I think we have FINALLY figured out exactly how to treat Makena's reflux.  We are even weaning her off of the Zantac starting today so wish us luck!  There has even been consistency in a schedule around here....PRAISE THE LORD!
Snuggle Bug.
 We have officially established a bedtime routine that starts at 8:45 and includes a bath, a lotion rub-down (for her, not me unfortunately) and a bedtime bottle in her dark room.  The last 3 nights she has been down by 9:15 and asleep around 9:30. WOO HOO!  Now if only I could sleep at night....I keep having jacked up dreams :(

We had a great weekend and weren't doomed to our house for once!  We spent all day Saturday lying by the pool with our friends Ashley and Josh at Ashley's parents house.  The weather was perfect, Makena was happy and we even got some sun.  Don't worry, baby wasn't in any direct sunlight ;)  She even took a nap upstairs happily while we enjoyed the pool.  Kena was the cutest beach babe in the whole world, however she did NOT like the pool.  In her defense, it was WAY colder than her typical bath water temp.  Can't wait til the beach houses this summer when she's a little older and can really enjoy the pool!


We are going on 2 hours for this morning's nap and it feels so good to be able to get some housework done.
Clean House!
 I'm even able to prep dinner.  Tonight is one of our easy go-to meals, here's the recipe if you're interested...

Sausage and Potato Skillet

1-1 1/2 lbs hot breakfast sausage
6ish potatoes, peeled and very thinly sliced
1/2-1 onion, diced
1 cup chicken broth
spices of your choice, i use paprika, flavor booster (lawry's would work too) and garlic salt

1.  Brown the sausage in a skillet, remove to plate.  If you wanna be healthy clean the grease out, if you're gross like me leave it for extra flavor.
2.  Sautee onions with a little bit of olive oil
3.  Add sausage back in, potatoes, broth and all of your spices.
4. Cover and let cook on medium heat for about 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender

Obviously its not a very exact recipe, I just eyeball it and adjust the flavors to my liking.  Its nothing fancy but its easy, quick and yummy. 

 I thought I had a picture from making this before, but I guess I don't.  I'll add one later. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment