Sunday, October 7, 2012

homemade teething biscuits!

I can't take any credit for this recipe, and technically i could just copy and paste the link and make it easier but its more fun for me to type it out and put my own pictures of the end result.  I saw this on a post in my babycenter birth club yesterday and had to try them out.  I didn't have any baby food prunes so I used pureed apples instead.  Teething or not, your baby 6-8 months will probably enjoy these!  Makena is just now learning to pick up food and feed herself so she had fun with these.  She's not quite eating table food so these (semi-tastless aka super baby friendly) biscuits are a real treat! Super easy to make too :)

Ingredients:

1 128 ml/4.5 fl oz jar of strained prunes baby food (or 1/2 a cup of homemade fruit puree)
1 egg
2 tbsp canola oil
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:

While my oven preheated to 375 degrees (F), I emptied the jar of prunes into a large mixing bowl and added the egg and canola oil, mixing well. In a separate small mixing bowl, I mixed the flour, baking soda and cinnamon. The dry ingredients were gradually added to the wet ingredients, mixing well to form a ball of dough.
 
Using a floured rolling pin, I rolled out the dough on a floured surface to a 1/2-inch thickness. I had some cute cut-outs so I decided to use those.  They were pretty big so after I used the cut-out, I cut them in half.  Next, dot the center of the biscuit with a fork.  
 
I put the baby cakes on a parchment lined cookie sheet, about an inch apart, and popped them in the oven for 15 minutes until golden and puffy. They cooled on a wire rack.
 
She has to study everything first...
Success!!!

recipe taken from family feedbag blog: http://www.familyfeedbag.com/2011/10/baby-cakes.html

No comments:

Post a Comment